Monday, December 5

DIY: Christmas Stockings

This weekend has been super busy prepping for the holidays. I went Christmas shopping, worked on holiday decorations and Christmas gifts. I still can't believe that it is already December. It's pretty crazy, it felt like summer, just a few weeks ago. What do readers think? How fast has this year been for you guys? Especially if you are planning a wedding, this year must have zoomed by.

I worked on Christmas Stockings for our home. Normally, I don't decorate much for the holidays any more. No money and we don't spend Christmas at home, we normally go home to Northern California for the holidays. But this year, I wanted to start new traditions, and some small decorating, so next year it doesn't seem like so much of a large undertaking. (It's befitting that I'm watching the Glee Christmas episode right now --- you know, the one where Britney still believes in Santa Claus).

To start with, I wanted simple wool knit stockings for our family. I got these at Target for about $14.00.  And of course, I had to get the puppies, their own Christmas stocking, their stockings cost $4.00. We put the our laser machine to good use, and cut out our names in a script typeface on some scrap wool felt  I had laying around the house. After which,  I stitched the our names on the stockings, it was that easy! What do you think?


Happy Christmas!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment