Tuesday, June 19

Wedding Showcase: Dorian + David

Does anyone remember this post, I blogged about a few weeks ago? It was a sneak peek, to a wonderfully sweet wedding of my coworker Dorian. I am very excited to share with you her wedding photos. I think Dorian's wedding displays the meaning of what a wedding is all about: family, friends and your 'home sweet home.' Enjoy!

 
Wedding Showcase Questions:

Bride:  Dorian Love
Groom:  David Beecroft
Occupation: Testing and Product Development Coordinator
Date of Wedding:  04-28-2012
Location: San Francisco, CA at David’s sister’s house
Photographer: Irja Elisa Tannlund
Favorite Romantic Comedy/Wedding Movie:  Bridesmaids 


Inspiration for your Wedding:  The good ol’ days—where everything was simple and, usually, after a church ceremony, guests went back to the bride’s parents’ house for cake, ice cream, and punch.

What Color Scheme where you trying to achieve?  I didn’t have any colors in mind at first, but everything ended up being green and brown.  Except for the cake, which David picked out on his own.

Any DIY projects, you loved the most?  Updating my mother’s dress to make it my own, but still preserving its originality.  My wedding dress was the dress my mother made for herself and wore for her wedding almost 43 years ago.  There were bows on the front and back I removed and replaced with a brown sash, and I slit the sleeves open on the bottom underside.  Other than that, it was a perfect fit!  I’m the third person to wear the dress—my mother wore it first, a young lady wore it in a fashion show about 20 years ago, and I wore it last month.

Any Bridezilla moments while the planning process?  We had a brunch after the ceremony and figuring out what food to serve was really stressing me out.  So, I forced it onto David and said, “This is now yours, I don’t want to deal with it anymore!”  He did a great job and everyone raved about the food, it was all delicious.

Thoughts on the final outcome?  It turned out exactly how we wanted it to, I wouldn’t have changed anything.
Are you glad its over?  My mom always says to enjoy the anticipation of big events because they’re over and done with before you know it.  She’s right!  I savored the planning, enjoyed the event, and am happy to be married and have fond memories and pictures to remember and look back on in the years to come.

Special thanks to Dorian and David for sharing their special day with us!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment